Did you know the best places to eat in the Mount Shasta area are actually Dunsmuir? These restaurants accommodate a wide array of tastes ranging from steak and seafood, pizza and burgers to Caribbean food. Dunsmuir Lodge is only 1/2 mi. away from food in Dunsmuir. For enjoyment and getting away from your car, it is an easy walk to downtown Dunsmuir.
Below is a listing of the restaurants in and around Dunsmuir, along with a brief description of the offerings. Where available, we have also included a link to their site
- Manfredi’s Depot • (530) 235-2141 • 6920 Dunsmuir Ave – Just south of Dunsmuir Lodge in easy walking distance, features sandwiches served up on bread baked daily with a wide assortment of deli meats. Every Friday, Tony Congi stages his BBQ, serving up chicken, ribs, tri-tips, and more. The Depot also has some groceries, including ice, milk, sodas and beer.
- Pizza Factory • (530) 235-4849 • 5804 Dunsmuir Ave – Tired after a long day of fishing? They deliver! Pizza, pasta, sandwiches and fresh salads. They have a nice restaurant too, where you can enjoy big screen T.V. with your food.
- Burger Barn • (530) 235-2902 • 5942 Dunsmuir Ave – Across from City Hall, offers good, old fashioned burger, fries, milkshakes, fish & chips and more.
- Cafe Maddalena • (530) 235-2725 • 5801 Sacramento Ave – Located on Sacramento Ave. below the main street, Maddalena’s specializes in fine Mediterranean Cuisine with flavors from Spain, France, Italy and North Africa. Reservations are suggested. Dunsmuir Lodge has a current menu for you.
- Cobra Lily Bar & Bottle • 530-500-1450 • 4118 Pine St – Regionally sourced coffee, beer & wine in a casual setting.
- Cornerstone Cafe • (530) 235-46775759 Dunsmuir Avenue
- The Railroad Park Restaurant and Lounge • (530) 235-4400 • 100 Railroad Park Rd – Just south of Dunsmuir. The restaurant and bar is set up inside an old railroad passenger car, and offers breakfast and dinner.
- Dunsmuir Brewery Works • (530) 235-1900 5701 Dunsmuir Ave – A micro brew pub that offers a variety of hand crafted ales with fine food made from the freshest ingredients.
- Up-N-Running Espresso – 5701 Dunsmuir Ave – Espresso, Coffee, Breakfast Sandwiches and Burritos
- The Wheelhouse • (530) 678-3502 • 5841 Sacramento Ave– Coffee, Espresso, Beer, Lunch, Dinner
- Dunsmuir Supermarket • (530) 235-4751 • 5529 Dunsmuir Ave – Deli, cooked meat and groceries
- The Taste of the Caribbean • (530) 500-5209 • 5838 Dunsmuir Avenue – Jerk Chicken, Beef & Fish, Smoothies, Acai Bowls and more.
- Tuesday Lunchbox Dinner • Lunchbox Dinners provides a boxed dinner for four every Tuesday, for $55. The menu changes weekly, sent out on Thursdays. You can receive the weekly menu if you join the email list at www.tinyletter.com/lunchboxdinners. If you like the menu for a particular week, just RSVP via email and you can pick it up on Tuesday afternoon in Dunsmuir or Mt.Shasta.
- YAK’s on the 5 • (530) 678-3517 • 4917 Dunsmuir Ave – Open for lunch. Located just north of the Chevron station.
- Spirits Bar & Lounge • 5827 Dunsmuir Ave • 530 235 2661 – Bar & Lounge open till 2 am
- Sten’s Burger Strand (530) 500-2046 4905 Dunsmuir Ave
- Yarrow Eatery • 5853 Sacramento Ave (Open 9 am to 2 pm Sat & Sun)