There are many outstanding dining establishments in or near Dunsmuir. These establishments accommodate a wide array of tastes ranging from steak and seafood to Thai food. Each guest room at Dunsmuir Lodge has speed dialing set up on the telephone for your convenience in making dinner reservations in town, which is only 1/2 mi. away. For enjoyment and getting away from your car, it is an easy walk to downtown Dunsmuir.
Below is a listing of the restaurants in and around Dunsmuir, along with a brief description of the offerings. Where available, we have also included a link to their sites.
- Manfredi’s Depot, just south of Dunsmuir Lodge in easy walking distance, features sandwiches served up on bread baked daily with a wide assortment of deli meats. Every Friday, Tony Congi stages his BBQ, serving up chicken, ribs, tri-tips, and more. The Depot also has some groceries, including ice, milk, sodas and beer.
- The Cornerstone, on Dunsmuir Avenue serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have an assortment of fresh baked muffins, breads, and pastries every morning. They serve wonderful coffee and Chai drinks too.
- Gary’s Pizza Factory. Tired after a long day of fishing? They deliver! Pizza, pasta, sandwiches and fresh salads. They have a nice restaurant too, where you can enjoy big screen T.V. with your food.
- Burger Barn, across from City Hall, offers good, old fashioned burger, fries, milkshakes, fish & chips and more.
- Cafe Maddalena, located on Sacramento Ave. below the main street, Maddalena’s specializes in fine Italian food. It is open from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday through Sunday, March through December. Reservations are suggested Dunsmuir Lodge has a current menu for you.
- Sengthong’s and Sengthong’s Blue Sky Lounge on Dunsmuir Avenue. Slightly different menus at each venue, Sengthong’s offers Thai, Vietnamese and Korean dinner cuisine. Blue Sky Lounge has lunch fare. They also host live entertainment on weekends in Sengthong’s Blue Sky Lounge.
- The Whistlestop Cafe Sengthong’s family has opened a new restaurant for breakfast and lunch. Open everyday until 2 p.m.
- Mickey’s Better Burgers sits adjacent to the Dunsmuir Community Swimming Pool, offering burgers, milkshakes and fries on a seasonal basis.
- The Railroad Park Restaurant and Lounge is just south of Dunsmuir. The restaurant is set up inside old railroad passenger cars, and offers food that includes prime rib, steak and seafood. They recently changed management, so we encourage you to go to their web site for more information.
- Dunsmuir Brewery Works is a micro brew pub, they offer a variety of hand crafted ales with fine food made from the freshest ingredients. Open Tuesday through Sunday . 5701 Dunsmuir Ave Dunsmuir Ca 96025 Telephone (530) 235-1900
- YAK’s Coffee newly reopened with a new owner and similar great comfort food with a gourmet twist. Open for lunch Tuesday through Sunday. Located just north of the Chevron station, at 4917 Dunsmuir Avenue, Dunsmuir, CA 96025-1807.